Perhaps you're not ready to drop everything right now and move to an unfamiliar part of the world on a tentmaking mission. But you see it in your future. You sense a calling. You're willing to prepare yourself.
- Begin by making missions your life focus. Keep in constant dialogue with God about your preparation and your future.
- If you haven't completed your professional preparation, consider the occupations most sought after in the region or take a double degree that equips you for mission as well as a profession in the secular market.
- Be a workplace witness in the relative ease of your familiar world.
- Experience personally your own faith and the biblical truths on which it is based.
- Read about the history, culture, and faiths in the region.
- Begin learning Arabic. Farsi, Berber, and French are also used in portions of the MENA region.
- Consider specific education that will better equip you: Enroll in language learning. Take coursework in Middle Eastern culture and history. Spend a year at Middle East University (MEU) becoming better acquainted with the region, learning the language, or taking graduate-level classes in Islamic Studies. (For more information, visit www.meu.edu.lb/.)